During the meeting we discussed the next step for Gisele. If she can fight off her current ailments and get to a more “critical-stable” condition then the Dr’s will consider another surgery to the left side of her chest (the recent surgery was on the right side). This will be a slightly different surgery than the one last week. In the end these surgeries serve the same purpose, to stop the chylothorax. The main point is that Gisele has to be in a strong enough condition to consider any further surgeries. She is very sick. The doctors would like to wait 4 to 6 weeks after she stabilizes to consider the next surgery.
We also discussed the potential mental and physical problems that Gisele could have once she can go home. They do see some damage to the tissue in the brain but there’s no way to tell what affect this may or may not have at this time.
Finally, and this was the toughest part, the Dr’s discussed what decisions we may need to make if the surgeries are not successful. Tiff and I pray that we never have to make that decision. We believe God can and will work miracles.
Tiffany: Remember, it’s a miracle they were able to get her back after she almost died during the tumor surgery on 2/13. Before she was born, God promised she’d be okay after a long bumpy road. Though this is looking very bad, we believe God will fulfill His promise and see her through. He told me the morning of her surgery that she’d almost die that day, but that she’d live, and that eventually she’d be okay. It made me trust God to get her through back then and he did. Now, we need to keep entrusting God to heal her, whether by surgery or miraculously, to fulfill that promise.
Until our next update we ask for continued prayers and we thank you for your love and support.
Ron and Tiffany